Meet our Deputies
 Deputy DeWayne Gilley

 dewayne gilley

D Bye photo 

Officer Danielle Johnson



Where is the Police Department located?

The Police Department is located at 4018 Huron Street in North Branch.  It is in the very back of the Village Hall.  During business hours you can access the Department through the front door off of Huron Street.  The Village Clerk or Treasurer will guide you to the Police Department.  After hours you will have to come to the alley behind the Village Hall.  The door to the Police Station is clearly marked.  If the door is locked and no one will answer, the officer is on patrol.  You can call (810) 667-0292 for assistance.  This is the non-emergency number for Central Dispatch.  They will dispatch the officer to you.

 Who do you call in an emergency?

Lapeer County has an emergency Dispatch Center in Lapeer.  If it is an emergency, just dial 911.  If it is a non-emergency situation, you can call the center at its non-emergency number at (810) 667-0292.              

 To talk with a police officer:   

                         Sheriff's Dept, North Branch Location:       (810) 688-3020

                         Lapeer County Sheriff Department:             (810) 664-1801

                         Michigan State Police Department:             (810) 664-2905

The North Branch contracted deputies only patrol and handle complaints within the Village limits.  All non-emergency complaints outside the Village, contact Central Dispatch at  (810) 667-0292.

If you have arrested someone, where is that person lodged?

Not everyone who is arrested goes to jail. In many cases they are released with an appearance ticket.  Only serious felons and drunk drivers are lodged.  The Lapeer County Jail is located at 3231 John Conley Drive, Lapeer. 

Where do I go to pay a traffic ticket?

 All tickets and arrests are handled by the 71st District Court located at 255 Clay Street in Lapeer.  They are open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.  The Court Clerk's office is the best place to start. 

Call (810) 667-0314.  They are a state agency and are closed on most Holidays.